Paller ball is a sport created by middle and high school PE teacher Walter Paller.
- You may have any number of players on your team, as long as it is the same as the other team.
- A volleyball is a good kind of ball to use.
- The game is played on a basketball court.
- The game starts with a jump ball, or a bounced ball off the ground, depending on the referee's decision.
- You do not dribble like in basketball.
- You can run at liberty. You can start running, stop wherever, then keep going.
- If you started running, you may not shoot at the basket.
- You must pass the ball to someone standing still to shoot.
- A two-pointer in basketball is worth one point in this game, and a three is worth two.
- You may attempt to steal the ball from a player from their sides only.
- Do not grab a player's shirt in an attempt to steal.
- You may block shots.
- If two players continuously tug at the ball to try to get possession for three seconds, it is defense's ball. Always. If offense manages to get possession before 3 seconds are up, they may keep possession.
- Touching a player lightly is not a foul.